Victim says Grace Mugabe ‘beat the hell out of me’, she was ready to murder


Young model victimised by Amai Grace Mugabe confesses how she was dragged by her hair and whipped with an electrical code.


A sad and disturbing twist to the Grace Mugabe story as one of the ladies that was assaulted by the first lady of Zimbabwe claims, “She wanted to kill us.” One of the three young women attacked by Grace Mugabe last Sunday night has described her terror as Zimbabwe’s first lady lashed out in fury with an electrical cord.


gabrielle engels




Only Gabriella Engels, a 20-year-old model, has been named, but two other women also suffered injuries in the attack, allegedly by Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe’s wife.


The three were in a Sandton hotel room when Mugabe stormed in, armed with an electrical cord. Engels has posted pictures of a gash on her forehead which was allegedly inflicted by the cord.


According to Sunday Times Live: “One of the three women, who describes herself as a promotional model, told of her terror as Mugabe lashed out at them. Mugabe was accompanied by about 10 bodyguards and hotel security guards and she was looking for her sons, Robert jnr, 25, and Chatunga Bellarmine, 21. Both men had fled the room when they heard their mother coming.


The woman said that at the time she did not know who her assailant was or why she and her friends were being beaten.


“I really thought she was going to kill me … From the moment she stormed into the room she was ready to murder someone,” the woman said. “The electrical cord-cable was tightly wrapped around her hands. No one could stop her. The guards and hotel security guards just stood there and watched as she whipped me with the cord and dragged me across the floor by my hair.”


Mugabe’s sons have recently been in the news for their behaviour. The brothers were kicked out of a Sandton hotel last month, allegedly for bad behaviour


Times Live also reported:“The next day, the women’s friend called to apologise about events the previous night and invited the three women to the hotel to return the jacket.


“We had no interaction with the Mugabe brothers at all on Sunday,” said Engels’s friend. “We were literally there for 15 minutes. The only thing we managed to do was smoke a cigarette on the balcony. Then our friend asked us to turn off the music. Someone important was coming.


“This lady stormed into the room with more than 10 bodyguards and hotel security guards, demanding to know the whereabouts of her son, who she calls Bellarmine.”



When the three friends could not tell her where her sons where, Mugabe lashed out at them with the electrical cord. The woman said the attack carried on for 20 minutes. While she was being assaulted, her friends fled.


“She dragged me by my hair and held me tight. She slashed me viciously with the electrical cord. She then dragged me by my hair across the floor and threw me on a couch where she forced me to call our mutual friend and Bellarmine’s best friend, but their phones were off.


“She continued beating me with the cord; I was rescued by the hotel manager, who rushed to the room after hearing my screams for help.”